01/07/2014

2014 RESOLUTION > MAY GOAL



I am a graphic designer and all of my designs are created on a computer. Actually the last time I actually sketched something was probably about 10 years ago and I decided I really wanted to start illustrating again.
When I felt a little bit apprehensive about starting and worried that I'd be no good I knew I should definitely do it.

It's great having an idea about what you want to do but the hard part is executing that idea, I really love fashion illustrations and female portraits so started searching for life drawing classes and after finding various 10 week night class courses I found a weekly class where you could pay as you go, exactly what I was looking for!

I found that it really helped to have 2 hours of time allocated per week where I spent time drawing and I found it so relaxing and absolutely loved it, it feels like true "me" time. I think the next stage is to add some colour.

What have you wanted to try but are scared in case you're no good?
You might find something other than success and hey you'll never know if you don't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment